I’ve been trying to re-organise my Twitter following into a few different lists, but I wanted to see at a glance who’s on that list, so I put together a Ruby script that gets the profile pic for each user on a list and creates an image from it.

I finally got something working that offers a little bit of flexibility when putting the profile pics on the image. It looks pretty good, but it could still do with some improvements. At the moment, I have to pass in an array of the list member’s usernames for it to work.

Ideally, you would supply the list id on Twitter, and the script would look up the list members on its own. Still, I’m happy with the end result from tonight’s coding session.

You can see the end result on my All things analog Twitter list.